Hydraulic Seals Kits:
Hydraulic seals are a form of gasket-like rings that are used to fill gaps between hydraulic cylinder components. Many different components are found in hydraulic cylinders, some of which get in contact with the fluid. Hydraulic seals are used to prevent fluid from seeping around these components. Hydraulic seals are made to suit the components of a hydraulic cylinder while providing a leak-proof seal.
A typical Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit/Set can consist of below type of Seals:
- Piston Seals:Piston seals provide the power for your hydraulic cylinder by preventing hydraulic fluid from flowing past your piston. This makes piston seals one of the most important hydraulic cylinder seals in your system. Piston seals can be either single- or double-action.
- Rod Seals and Buffer Seals:Rod seals perform two types of functions. First, they keep hydraulic fluid from leaking outside of the cylinder during operation. However, these seals are also responsible for ensuring that there is a thin layer of lubrication on the piston rod. This not only prevents corrosion but also lubricates other important parts of your cylinder.
- Wiper Seals: Sometimes referred to as dust seals, excluders, or scrapers, wiper seals protect your equipment by preventing contaminants from entering your cylinder as the piston rod retracts.
- Guide Rings: These seals are intended to maintain moving parts in the proper position throughout the process of relative motion. In addition to keeping the important components properly aligned, guide rings prevent any metal-on-metal abrasion that might occur during operation.
Hydraulic Seal Materials:
Industrial seals are exposed to a wide range of challenging operating conditions such as high temperature, speed, pressure, and aggressive chemicals. To handle these and other harsh conditions, it is essential to select the most suitable sealing materials. Several factors impact material selection, including exposure to media, pressure, temperature, and potentially stringent regulatory requirements common in food and beverage or oil and gas applications. Types of sealing materials include:
- Rubbers —NBR, FKM, and HNBR are commonly used rubber materials in hydraulic applications. They are extremely flexible and can be stretched and deflected by exerting relatively little force. Many of them deliver excellent resistance to mineral oils, greases, or other media.
- Thermoplastic elastomers—These offers advantages typical of both rubber and plastic materials. Our high-performance thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) combine excellent abrasion and wear resistance, low compression set, and high tear strength and outstanding pressure resistance.
- PTFE—Engineered to handle extreme conditions, PTFE and its compounds can withstand aggressive chemicals plus high temperatures and pressures. Due to their extremely low coefficients of friction, they can also tolerate dry running conditions.
- Plastics—Plastic materials can meet higher temperature, chemical, and mechanical property requirements and can range from engineering plastics to high-performance plastics. Backup rings are typically made of plastics and used to enhance the pressure carrying capability of a rod or piston seal.
How 3S Engineering Solutions Can Help?
No matter what your hydraulic system needs, 3S Engineering Solutions is here for you. Our team of experts can answer all of your questions about hydraulic cylinder seals.
We’re always happy to offer you on-site repairs for any problems you encounter, as well as preventative maintenance to ensure your hydraulic systems continue working at peak performance.
We have extensive experience in a number of industries, including food and beverage, construction, manufacturing, and waste management. If you’re looking for a trusted partner to help you with hydraulic services, contact us today!